M3D Announces Advanced Pro Printer at CE Week 2016
3D Printing Company Releases Feature-packed Printer Aimed at Bridging the Gap between Consumer and Commercial Users
NEW YORK (June 21, 2016) – Today, M3D, the leading consumer 3D printer manufacturer, announced the launch of the M3D Pro at CE Week 2016 in New York City. Designed to bridge the gap between consumer and commercial use, the larger, quicker, and more advanced M3D Pro delivers a reliable 3D printing experience derived from a number of innovations leading to new features. The Pro will tout the same ease-of-use and accessibility that has become synonymous with the M3D brand. Professional printers are often priced for more than $1000 while the Pro will be available for an entry-level price of $500 at pre-order.
The M3D Pro was designed in direct response to customer feedback. The new printer is outfitted with a heated bed option, outer dimensions of 10.5” cubed, and a larger build volume, allowing objects as tall as 7.8” to be printed—in turn making the Pro the most space-efficient printer ever to hit the market. Every hardware component within M3D’s newest model was built to optimize efficiency and accuracy while maintaining its inherent accessibility and affordability, simplifying the process of taking a 3D file to a 3D print for consumers and professionals alike.
The M3D Pro is the first 3D printer driven by two ARM-core processors and a network of more than two dozen sensors. By rapidly pooling and fusing data, the M3D Pro maximizes the performance of the printer while also improving the overall printing experience through better consistency and reliability. This monitoring includes multiple measurements of speed, filament usage, temperature, and power levels. A standout feature of this sensory data allows the M3D Pro to recover from power outages by saving information as power levels drop off.
“The M3D Pro represents a new benchmark in product development in our industry,” said Michael Armani, Co-Founder & CEO. “We’ve designed the Pro to have all of the capabilities of a commercial printer at a cost consumers want. It’s the natural next step for the industry, transcending the limitations of casual use and allowing users to create more practical, everyday objects—whether it’s a customized print to add that finishing touch to a cosplay outfit, printing out a difficult-to-source part for a budding DIY project, or everyday household goods.”
Highlights and tech specifications of the M3D Pro include:
- Heated Print Bed: An innovative tempered heated glass surface automatically adjusts temperature, providing a consistent printing experience and allowing for easy removal of printed objects
- Large Build Volume: Print objects up to 7.8” tall or 7.2” x 7.2” wide
- Embedded Recovery: The M3D Pro can recover from print failure, such as from power outages, pauses, and filament shortage or jams
- Stand Alone Mode: M3D’s software will automatically start printing and transfer print jobs to an internal memory chip, allowing the print to continue without being tethered to a computer
- Advanced Sensor Network: The world's first dual-ARM processor system fuses data from more than two dozen sensors to provide industry leading consistency and reliability
- Construction: Precision ground metal components, glass surface heated bed, durable ABS Frame
- Accuracy: 25-350 micron layer heights, 0.40 mm nozzle extrusion
- Print speed: Typically prints filament at 60mm/s, and travels at speeds up to 120 mm/s
Software and Third Party Support
- Third Party Filaments: Compatible with all industry standard 1.75 mm filaments, including particle-filled materials and high-temperature materials (up to 270 C)
- Third Party Applications: Accepts standard G-codes, making it compatible with most 3rd party applications
- Free M3D Software: Available on Windows and Mac
The M3D Pro will be available for pre-order by August 2016. The M3D Pro will be available for demonstrations at CE Week, booth #128. To learn more and sign up to be notified upon its release, please visit www.m3dpro.com.
Mike Stolyar / Tim Williams
646 571 0120
M3D is a team of US-based engineers and designers passionate about bringing 3D printing to the masses. M3D’s first printer, the Micro, quickly became an iconic consumer 3D printer that provided entry-level users an affordable option for 3D printing. Today M3D is continuing its mission to make 3D printing accessible to more people, developing new printers and filaments allowing anyone to instantly dive into 3D printing, whether they’re at home, work or anywhere. To learn more about M3D, please visit www.printm3d.com.